Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Unfortunately, My GF has found her Impreza to be a big disappointment. The car is making a harmonicly induced rattling noise that the dealership can't seem to hear. The tires were just rebalanced for the second time (3000 miles). The base sound system was so substandard that the head and speakers had to be replaced.

The local Subaru dealership doesn't make appointments. You have to just show up and hope for the best. Too many cars on one day, and I guess you just have to leave the car the dealership for an extra day or so. So far, not so good.

Edited by The Dude

Thats odd..mine has been flawless..at 41K miles not a single issue. The sound system is fine and the car is quiet excpet for roof rack noise..which used to rattle until I pulled the rubber strips out. I am even still on the original tires with 3/4 tread left. Guess there is a lemon in everything.

and compaired to the 09 Corolla my husband is using for a loaner while his tacoma is in for the frame recall... my 08 Impreza is like a luxury car...talk about cheap.

Thats odd..mine has been flawless..at 41K miles not a single issue. The sound system is fine and the car is quiet excpet for roof rack noise..which used to rattle until I pulled the rubber strips out. I am even still on the original tires with 3/4 tread left. Guess there is a lemon in everything.

and compaired to the 09 Corolla my husband is using for a loaner while his tacoma is in for the frame recall... my 08 Impreza is like a luxury car...talk about cheap.

Here's my guess. There's probably a noticable difference between MY 08 and MY 09. Car manufacturers are struggling just to survive. Price competition is extremely keen, most manufacturers are cutting costs and corners where ever they can. A couple of people have posted about how cheap the plastic interiors look in the '10 Subarus. The door retainers in the '09 are made of PLASTIC. How long are they going to hold up?

Things strike me as being somewhat cheesier on the '09 Impreza when compared to my '06 Forester. Hopefully the drivetrain is still the same.

Edited by The Dude

Just a question...does your girlfriends car have the roof rack system? If so either try taking it off or just removing the rubber strips. Mine used to make a terrible vibration at about 40 mph...was kinda hard to find at first. I remove the strip unless I have something up there.. I also made sure they are very tight .

Another thing I have heard others having..if noise ( like a creaking sound) iscoming from the front window pillars. Had thier dealers stuff it with styrofoam and it solved it.

I would try taking the car to another dealer since it seems the one she is going to..is more of an inconvience then having to travel some.

I am sorry she is disappointed... I truly love mine ..hate my legacy..but love my Imp.