Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a '96 legacy LS that is in need of some new tires. I am having a hard time finding good used all-seasons in the P195/60 R15 size. Does anyone have any experience with other sizes that will fit without any issues? If it makes a difference, I have the factory alloy wheels.

I have a '96 legacy LS that is in need of some new tires. I am having a hard time finding good used all-seasons in the P195/60 R15 size. Does anyone have any experience with other sizes that will fit without any issues? If it makes a difference, I have the factory alloy wheels.

surprise me, i thought stock tires for a 96 legacy was 185/70/14.

if your car is AWD, you do not want to put on used tires unless the circumference of all 4 are with in 1/4 on an inch. you can screw up your AWD unit and get torque bind.

you can go wider, but you'll need to decrease the aspect ratio (middle number) so you don't get too tall. you want to stay very close to or under your current diameter.

try this tire size calculator:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

surprise me, i thought stock tires for a 96 legacy was 185/70/14.
JCE, tire sizes are hard to keep track of indeed. the LSi's (EJ25) have 15" 5 spoke alloys. i thought the LS's with the EJ22 would have had 14" as well. all the 1995-1997 EJ22 legacy's i've seen had 14".

with AWD you'll want the tires to match to prevent torque bind.

you're in alaska? i'd be looking for new tires unless you have dedicated snow tires. tire rubber degrades with age and they can be awful in the snow even if they have 100% tread and are high end tires.

try bordertire.com