Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Steering Wheel..?

I ran across this picture while seraching for Subaru pics, and I notice it was on a EA82! So I'm wondering if anyone has any info on this style of wheel, what its off of or did it come as an option? I noticed this has to be a GL or an RX due to all the extras on the dash.

Anyone have one of these they want to sell? I would like one :)

picture.php?albumid=61&pictureid=1670

-Tom :)

that looks a lot like a momo

check with a company called saas in australia they may have adaptors as well

this is a bad picture of my SaaS steering wheel - still has mitsu button as my adaptor is hand crafted

this is leater with chrome spokes

soobdash.jpg

Edited by wallaby
add pic

I ran across this picture while seraching for Subaru pics, and I notice it was on a EA82! So I'm wondering if anyone has any info on this style of wheel, what its off of or did it come as an option? I noticed this has to be a GL or an RX due to all the extras on the dash.

Anyone have one of these they want to sell? I would like one :)

-Tom :)

Using the Internet you could probably find one in Japan and buy it. Find a Subaru dealer in Japan who has one in stock or can find you one.

GD, yea I heard momo stopped making them for the EA82s. I really like the wheel I posted up, I'll have to do some searching I guess :-\

Wallaby, that ones looks good. Need to change out that Mitsu center hehe.

Subarule, this is a good idea. But the only hard part of contacting places out of the U.S which don't use english is reading the webpage and most time they don't reply (Maybe their in the same boat)

I wish someone had a PN (Part Number) maybe then my dealer could locate/order one..?

-Tom

Aha Bingo!

Well after doing some detailed searching I found what wagon this wheel is in and also the owner is on AUSubaru! So I contacted him about it and see what he knows and what he might be able to tell me.

From what I see, its a 2" lifted EA82 wagon, I dunno if it was an aussie thing or not, but this wagon says "Enduro" on the rear and the entire car is white, even the door pilars.

I am hopeing he can tell me somethings of this wheel, and maybe has or knows someone with an extra one that is will to sell it.

I'll post back here with any info I receive from him, also his ID on AUSubaru is "fang" incase someone on here knows him :)

-Tom

Nothing, but this kinda reminds me of the mid-90s Imprezas and Legacys steering wheel. (You know, the all black interior with the leather seats and cool steering wheel) Thats all.

-Tom

i see.

i'd say get an STI Steering wheel and slap it on their !

would love to put one in my XT6

You're just lucky your car hasn't rebelled by throwing a random fluid leak fit, or just plain keeling over.:-\

Everyone HERE should know that Mitsubishi is a Japanese curse word :lol:

Really...

How do you feel about the fact that your brakes were manufactured by the Mitsu corp?

You're just lucky your car hasn't rebelled by throwing a random fluid leak fit, or just plain keeling over.:-\

Everyone HERE should know that Mitsubishi is a Japanese curse word :lol:

Being that I own a Galant VR4 I will say the Subaru can take much more of a beating and still drive, and it's easier to work on. The Galant is reliable as long as you do scheduled matinence/tune ups, but not every repair goes smoothly during remove/install. Still a fun car and worth the minor curse word here or there. :Flame:

In Australia it would most likely be a SAAS boss. Check the eBay (AU) link:

SAAS boss kit

Not sure if they will ship to the US, but there must be someone who will. You can get both EA81 and EA82 versions. They are excellent quality too.

I have a Nardi Torino wheel on my 1978 4wd wagon and a MOMO on the RX Turbo, both with SAAS boss kits.

I think the MOMO came from early 1990s Liberty (Legacy) and the Nardi is from an early 1990s Impreza.

There this is the kind of info I was looking for! Oh so its called SAAS Boss adapter. no wonder I never found anything under "Boss adapter"

Righty ho, thank you for the link!

Gonna see if they'll ship to the U.S :)

-Tom

Let me know if they will!