Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cold Air Intakes for '06 Legacy GT

I have an '06 Legacy GT 2.5 and a HPS cold air intake. I drive through alot of snow and slush and dirt to get to my house. Yesturday my car had, what it seemed like, tranny problems but it mechanic at the Subaru dealership said it was because moisture got into my filter. What is the best filters and intake systems available for Subarus?

Since you are going through a lot of hazardous conditions. I would recommend putting the factory intake box back on. That is your very best bet.

If that is outside of the question. Subaru's SPT has a short ram intake system for your car. It can be ordered at the dealer parts counter and they may just have one in stock.

http://www.driveperformancesubaru.com/version3_1/upgrades.asp

i have the spt intake on my outback xt and also bought the heat shield which pretty much only seprates the filter from the engine, but, i have never had any problems with dirt/water/snow/sleet or anything for that matter contaminating my filter. and the thing hasnt exactly been babied either. donuts in the sand, snow, dirt, wet parking lots, 100+ miles an hour on the way to mt. hood repeatedly sideways around corners, and 3 ft of snow at my house for bout a month straight last year. no problems, i recommend it. also its got about 38,000 miles on that filter and havent cleaned it either, looks good to me still!