Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brake pad wiggle room?

Hey i just got new front loaded calipers for the front of my EA81 sedan. How much wiggle room should the pads have? Cause i can barely get one of em to fit in the bracket. I know with my camaro i had to grind the back plate of the pad to give it a bit of clearance to work correctly.

Hey i just got new front loaded calipers for the front of my EA81 sedan. How much wiggle room should the pads have? Cause i can barely get one of em to fit in the bracket. I know with my camaro i had to grind the back plate of the pad to give it a bit of clearance to work correctly.

I've seen some pretty tight fits before, just make sure the pins are lubed so the caliper halves can move freely.

Thanks Rob. I think im going to do the front brakes on Monday after i get the axles redone (again!). I just finished doin the rear disk conversion and you know that something is wrong with your front brakes when you can lock your rears but no matter how hard u press...not your fronts. But....rear disks are AWESOME!!!!