Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where to buy 185/80/13 tires?

Hello all, I am looking to buy new tires for my loyale and I would like to get 185/80/13 tires but I am having no luck in finding any store with this size. I have 185/70/13 on it right now and I would like something a little bigger. I know that you can get a good 185/70/13 from just about anywhere, just not the 185/80/13. From what I have read manufactures have basically stopped making this size tire. Is this true? If anyone has purchased this size tire recently, could you tell me where? Like I said, I have search these forums and google with no luck so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Just did alittle checking with a few sights. Tires plus is showing a firestone fr360 for size 185-80-13 and TireRack is showing Kumhos for that size as well. The only other thing you can do is get pug wheels with allows you to get 14 or 15inch tires. OR redrill some 6lug wheels but they dont always look good for street use.

I have been looking for the same thing. I just don't find anything with an aggressive enough tread pattern. I think 14" or 15" rims/tires are the only option if you want bigger. Not that hard to do, I just wanted more sidewall than the 14's or 15's will give me.:-\

Our local tire dealer told me that the 185/80/13 are only made in a single run once a year by some tire manufacters. A few have quit making them all together. I had them order me some Kumho's and after 2.5 months still didn't have any. He suggested opening up my options and in two more weeks I had a set of Hankooks. Have about 5k on them now and they seem to ride good and are wearing well. You can get them but it may take a little while!!

Thanks for all the info! Hopefully this week I will be able to do a little more research and see what I can come up with. If all else fails, I will just get 185/70/13 tires and just lift it sooner :grin: I will post back later, and hopefully I will have some good news!

Edited by eulogious
Change to correct tire size

Eulogious, Our Walmart in eastern NC doesn't carry the Douglas in 185/80/13 anymore, or they don't list them. I checked Tirerack myself when a few weeks went by waiting on the Kuhmos and they didn't list them either. Firestone still makes the 360 according to our tire dealer but they couldn't find any when I was trying to get a set. Also they are a Firestone/Bridgestone dealer but will order any tire you want. That was option no.3 on my list. The only Goodyear I know of in that size currently is the Marthon which may not be what you want. Hankook, Firestone and Kuhmo are three I know still make a 185/80.

Eulogious, Our Walmart in eastern NC doesn't carry the Douglas in 185/80/13 anymore, or they don't list them. I checked Tirerack myself when a few weeks went by waiting on the Kuhmos and they didn't list them either. Firestone still makes the 360 according to our tire dealer but they couldn't find any when I was trying to get a set. Also they are a Firestone/Bridgestone dealer but will order any tire you want. That was option no.3 on my list. The only Goodyear I know of in that size currently is the Marthon which may not be what you want. Hankook, Firestone and Kuhmo are three I know still make a 185/80.

Thanks for all the info man! I called around to a couple place very local to me, and none of them had any 185/80/13, nor did they want to try to find any for me. I think that I will try the greater Seattle area and see what I can come up with. Otherwise I think that I will go with another set of 185/70/13. There's a nice kuhmo tire that looks good in that size... but I am not giving up quite yet!

Whatever happen to customer service!!!! I live in a very rural area. Have dealt with the same people for nearly 30 years. Well actually I deal with his son now. They are great to me. The Hankooks cost me $140 installed with new valve stems and balancing plus tax. Try not to give up to fast if you have any tires left to ride on. Lucky that I started my search early. I think some of the info given may be from a year or two ago because according to Potter Oil and Tire of N.C. they are getting hard to find.

I had a 1983 Wagon a few years ago and WalMart was the only place I could find that stocked 185/80R13 tires.

They didnt like the idea of installing tires that large on my car, but I assured them it was okay. That was a while ago, and I couldnt remember the brand. Not long after that I lost the car to the city.

**edit**

Found these on tire rack:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Marathon+Radial&partnum=88R3MAR6V2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

not a bad price, could have em shipped to any local tire shop to get mounted.

Edited by TheSubaruJunkie

Found these on tire rack:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Marathon+Radial&partnum=88R3MAR6V2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

not a bad price, could have em shipped to any local tire shop to get mounted.

I found those also, but it says they are a specialty trailer tire which scared me away from them. Can you put them on a car? It says not to put them on a car or truck...

The Les Schwab in Fife has the All-Trax that I got in stock, and would probably be happy to get rid of them cheap.

Sweet, I will give them a call in the morning and see what they say about those. These are studless correct? The only ones that i was able to find looked like they had studs in them. I am guessing they come without studs and they add them if you want them at the store, but that is just a guess. Thanks for the heads up and I will post back with what they say.

• 4 weeks later...

So I got the 185/80/13 winter trax mounted up today, and they look good :grin: Fills the wheel well a lot better. That and the tread is pretty aggresive for a 13" rim :banana: Thanks all for the tips, especially the one to give the Fife store a call. Got'em for cheap too!

Before (185/70/13):

post-31060-136027636808_thumb.jpg

After (185/80/13):

post-31060-1360276368_thumb.jpg

Pics of the Tires:

post-31060-136027636781_thumb.jpg

post-31060-136027636787_thumb.jpg

post-31060-136027636796_thumb.jpg

Edited by eulogious
Added before and after views :)