Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 98 forester, the batter has gone dead , the lights were left on.. now when I hook up jumper cables and get it restarted the four ways and dash lights , and licence plate light all flash is some sort of cycle , what causes this and how can I get it to stop??

Thank you!!! look forward to some help with this .. it did happen some years back... i believe there is some sort of reset button under dash or someting????? I just can't remember!!!

Use the search function for info on this problem, you aren't the first to have this happen.

The alarm system needs to be reset. There should be a reset button on the underside of the dash near the steering column.

You can also try disconnecting the battery, turn on the ignition key and reconnect the battery to reset.

Use the search function for info on this problem, you aren't the first to have this happen.

The alarm system needs to be reset. There should be a reset button on the underside of the dash near the steering column.

You can also try disconnecting the battery, turn on the ignition key and reconnect the battery to reset.

This technique has worked for me.

Batt disconnect

key "on"

re-connect batt