Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The "new" BRAT

Mugs

Ok so here is some pics of the BRAT I got. This is the one I have been discussing in "BRAT as a motivator" post. I have come to the conclusion that my son won't get this BRAT but will earn a suby (BRAT or otherwise) by helping me with this one. It is so straight and clean that I more then likely won't turn it into a trail rig, (that would be for a beat down BRAT) because BRAT's are so hard to find these days. Not sure if I am going to go full resto on it, or go street beast, or street racer but I am sure it will work itself out. I haven't washed it or anything yet, figured I would show it like I got it. It has alot of "mice nest" (been sitting outside in the country for 3 years) in the vent that I will need to get out some how. I can see it in the vents and it blows on me every time I turn on the fan :)

Some brief history on it. The owner had it for 15 years annd used it as his winter rig and then stopped driving it 3 years ago because it would not pass emissions, and he did want to put the money into to make it pass. It starts right up, but needs a tune up, it misses pretty bad, but drives fine. First thing I need to do is stop the 4 rust spots that have started and give it a good detail job, suck out the vents and then pull the motor and steam clean the engine bay and get rid of the battery acid all over it. Clean the engine up and do a tune up. Then we can go from there.

The run down

86 BRAT GL

EA81 Hydrolic Lifters

4 Speed D/R

Fun Tops

Rear Slider

Tail gate chrome

Intact rear tail lights

ETC, ETC.

P.S. This one is more fun to drive then the "Stomper" I love the agressive looks, and the uniqueness of it. Wish I had a beat down one to turn into the ultimate trail rig :burnout:

Her are some pics

PA180004.jpg

PA180001.jpg

PA180003.jpg

PA180002.jpg

PA180005.jpg

PA180006.jpg

PA180007.jpg

PA180012.jpg

PA180009.jpg

PA180011.jpg

thats a hell of a deal !

I beat you pricewise though ........ my '82 Brat was free moneywise but I traded a brakejob on a VW beetle for it ( he bought all the parts ) I came out WAY ahead on that deal .

yours is a lot nicer than mine apperance wise tho .

That'll come out real nice for you . Dont be discourraged if you have to throw a few bucks into it to get it up to scratch . Its well worth it ! They are a FUN machine to own and fix up .

Bob