Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm kicking around the idea of buying a second set of rims for winter tires...mainly because I drive out east during the winter. Does anyone know where I can get a decent used set of rims without spending a fortune, either steelies with covers or alloys? Its looking like for the entire set I'd have to drop $870 at tirerack, which is a bit hard to swallow.

I'm located in Lafayette, IN....a stones throw away from the assembly plant.

I'm kicking around the idea of buying a second set of rims for winter tires...mainly because I drive out east during the winter. Does anyone know where I can get a decent used set of rims without spending a fortune, either steelies with covers or alloys? Its looking like for the entire set I'd have to drop $870 at tirerack, which is a bit hard to swallow.

I'm located in Lafayette, IN....a stones throw away from the assembly plant.

I live in Indy, and was at a wrecking yard on the south side of Indy. That yard must have six Legacys. Most were still wearing their tires/road wheels. I am sure you could find a decent set of wheels there at a decent price. I do know they sell tires and wheels only as a set. They won't sell the road wheels by themselves. Name of the yard is "Happy's Import Auto Parts" on Tibbs Avenue, in Indy. A google search will get you their telephone number.

Hope this helps.

Yea, it'd be nice if I could get rims with free SHIPPING and no TAXES. :rolleyes:

I will check out Happy's Junkyard...

I know their is a 96 Outback there with really good, nearly new all season tires on all four corners on OEM alloys. I asked, and know they won't take less than $200 for the complete set. I gave it a long thought to buy the set, because I need tires, but decided not to, because I don't need the alloys. Maybe we can work out a deal, I will get the tires, you get the alloys? Split the cost in half, plus, still would need to add in taxes and shipping cost to you. Tire/wheel size is 205/70/15.

I will be out of town starting tomorrow, 10/22, back Sunday, 10/25, with no internet access. My email is fish6525@yahoo.com, cell # 317/270-8554 (Rooster2) in Indy, if interested.

There isn't anywhere specializing in subaru's back east? Here in Boulder, steelies are $80 a set, and they have piles of them, at the subaru shop.

80 bucks for 4? Might be worthwhile to ship 'em out east!

I need 4 steelies for my wifes forester. Getting mounted snows on steelies from tirerack is so easy, but a few extra bucks...

Dave

Not sure the bolt pattern will work. Most, if not all Camrys have a 5-114 bolt pattern instead of the subaru 5-100

Offset needs to be 50mm

Backspacing needs to be 5.70"

I'm glad you corrected that 5.75 offset number. Offset is typically 50 to 55mm on Subaru. 5x100 bolt pattern.

My 2002 Forester's OEM spare-wheel (steel-rim) has a 48 mm offset, and a bore of 56.1 mm (BTW anything with a smaller bore would not fit on the hub).

A year ago, I bought 4 new steel-rims with 42 mm offset and 57.2 mm bore. They fit just fine, and the car handles well, even with the slightly non-standard 42 mm offset.