Ultimate Subaru Message Board

resurrecting my hatch

mountaingoatgruff

84 GL hatch

97 OBD I EJ22

SJR adapter

89 D/R 5speed

i modified the 97 engine's intake wiring to work with the 92 ECM fixed to the ceiling of the glove box, the 92 harness, and the 92 cam/crank/knock sensors. this way i get the diamond coil pack and i just left the pipe in as part of blocking off the EGR system. among other things i still need to get a 92 throttle body, a grommet that fits the pass side hole and finish soldering in the female engine plugs. all the MPFI fuses, relays and diagnostic connecters are tucked below the ECM and once its running i'll pull and wrap everything.

IMG_1586.jpg?t=1257414105

IMG_1585.jpg?t=1257413808

IMG_1607.jpg?t=1257413920

IMG_1608.jpg?t=1257413954

IMG_1609.jpg?t=1257414001

Edited by mountaingoatgruff

• 3 weeks later...

The Ac box is different I just discovered. (I found mice) Its huge in comparison and it works more settings with it in than without for defrost. If you tuck it close I'm hoping it will work stuck under the dash but I just cut out my whole ac just in case there is no room and got a non ac connector. If you look at the connector in between the fan and heat control box in both sets of posted pics, you"ll see (I told myself this summer for my ej swap and Im late... too much work).

Edited by Yo'J

The Ac box is different I just discovered. (I found mice) Its huge in comparison and it works more settings with it in than without for defrost. If you tuck it close I'm hoping it will work stuck under the dash but I just cut out my whole ac just in case there is no room and got a non ac connector. If you look at the connector in between the fan and heat control box in both sets of posted pics' date=' you"ll see (I told myself this summer for my ej swap and Im late... too much work).[/quote']

ooops, I missed that:rolleyes: