Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Getting a WRX -- what to look for?

A friend of mine wants to sell his jeep and his motorcycle and get a WRX wagon instead. He's already got several 4wd trucks, and an AWD minivan, but he wants a sports car... that could also take a few car seats for the kids, and a bunch of carpentry tools if necessary. Has to be all wheel drive because of the winters up here. WRX is the obvious choice that he came to :)

What is he probably looking at for around $8 to $9k? I don't know alot about them, except that another friend has a '05 Saabaru, that seems to be a very nice car. But, those are a little higher price range, I think. Input?

It all depends his price range..Ive seen some pretty decent 100k+ mileage ones for around 5-6k dollars...Personally Im not a fan of the throttle by wire, or the "redesigned" looks of the 06-07 WRX's So I would stick with an 02-05....as mentioned I would do some research before purchasing...this site may be of some assistance... http://www.cars101.com