Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Head gasket repair in a bottle

I've seen a lot of those and it makes sense how they work, so it should seal a

HG, but what else is it going to seal?

I can see that stuff sealing off a coolant passage that it's not supposed to.

It may work perfectly well and you'll have no problems.

But is it really that hard to change a headgasket?

But this is only my speculation and thoughts, not really any cold hard facts.

Twitch

We had one use it in another board. It lasted a month. headgaskets are the most complicated gasket in the car with the hardest job. On one side is 15,000-20,000 psi, on the other side is 10-80 psi oil, 14psi coolant, and 28in hg. Throw in temps of zero degrees or lower, water temp of 200 degrees, and 4-5000 degrees F, it is not something that a jar can fix.

Also since he has to take his car apart now, i am curious to see if it is even fixable since this stuff is an epoxy resin.

Fix the car the right way.

nipper

Head gasket fix in a bottle only works if the gasket is leaking coolant to the outside of the engine, like the phase II 2.5l's. They weep coolant out and it steams off of the exhaust, miracle in a bottle will fix that, pinhole leak with only 14psi behind it. Leaks into the combustion chamber can't be fixed without replacing the gasket.

Too late to use this stuff?

SubaruCoolingSysCond.jpg

thats only for external leaks, not internal leaks.

depends upon the year and mileage of your subaru. If it is under 100K no as we may be able to get sooby to pay for all or part of the repair, if it is over 100K then it wont do a thing.

nipper

I recently drained my radiator and added some new coolant but now I get like a external leak somewhere and it sprays all over my spare tire then drip onto the exhaust causing alot of steam, and sucks the radiator near dry after about 7-8 blocks. I can't find the damn hole and am wondering if that stuff up there will fix my problem or maybe somebody out there knows what I should look for.

My ride is a 90' Loyale awd wagon, non turbo

Any help with be grateful!!!!

I recently drained my radiator and added some new coolant but now I get like a external leak somewhere and it sprays all over my spare tire then drip onto the exhaust causing alot of steam, and sucks the radiator near dry after about 7-8 blocks. I can't find the damn hole and am wondering if that stuff up there will fix my problem or maybe somebody out there knows what I should look for.

My ride is a 90' Loyale awd wagon, non turbo

Any help with be grateful!!!!

Sounds more like you have a pinhole leak in a hose someplace. This would not help.

nipper