Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Snow...... and busted stuff :)

Woke up to about 18 inches of snow this morning. It's up to probably about 28 now.

Took the Impreza Outback out. It's got good tires, but in the deep snow, you really feel the lack of low range. Gotta get the dual range transmission in there.

subaruOBS.jpg

No problem.... blew up the transmission in it about an hour later (I knew it was just about toast -- feels like I either shredded some input gears, or broke the clutch friction disk -- probably input gears since they were howling really loud before that) Guess that'll be the final motivation to get the new dual range transmission in there (in the proper location that is, it's currently in the back instead...)

I was on my way to a friend's house so I walked up and got my old GL that was at his house.

anothersubaru.jpg

It's got lousy tires on it, but was pretty good otherwise. Plowed his road coming down for him -- for quite a while the pile in front of the car was as high as that pile remaining on the hood, but I just kept going, and luckily it was downhill enough not to stop. Would have been great to have video of that... but there was no way I was going to stop once I got moving.

subarusnowplow.jpg

Then he came down in the landcruiser to pull the dead impreza out of the middle of the road.

subylandcruiser.jpg

Dogs had fun (those are 130lb newfamutes -- so, that snow's pretty deep)

Snowmonsters.jpgSnowyIzzy.jpg

I'm jealous.

I love snow and I think its rather funny that your GL was mocking the Imp

in the snow.

And why didn't you use the GL to pull the Imp out?

I'm sure you coulda gotten a good yank on it :-p

Twitch

PS: I think your post is gonna get moved to OT

I tried pulling the imp out with the GL. Lousy tires, and the fact that imprezas are really heavy prevented that :)

Pictures of subarus in the snow used to be on topic....