Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I don't get it, are Subaru and Toyota working together these days?

Come out from the darkness..... the light won't hurt you.

:D

YEs they have been for a few years now. This has been an on again off again on again forcryingoutloudmakeupyourminds on again thing.

Also toyota owns part of subaru. They make toyotas on unused production space the factory along side subarus. Toyota gets production space and subaru gets technology.

Subaru isnt sold on this yet as they can't see how they can squeeze AWD in it, and are very reluctant to sell a RWD car. This may be the new Celica.

nipper

[quote=nipper;869465

YEs they have been for a few years now. This has been an on again off again on again forcryingoutloudmakeupyourminds on again thing.

heheh , OK I get it, like that obnoxious couple that just can't decide to "be a couple"

Well, not really my cheese. I think anything after the mid 90's looks like a sports shoe of some variety or another. Even my '96 OBW annoys me in the looks department, but damn do I love the engineering.

I would be surprised if Toyota sells this car with a Subie motor. The cost of providing Subie replacement engine parts, and Subie mechanic training through out their entire dealer network for this one car only would be stupendous, and cost prohibitive. The car has killer good looks, that I think would sell well. If it is ever marketed, I think the logical choice is to see an established Camry or Corolla drive train under the hood.