Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Softopper, for a Brat?

http://www.softopper.com is located in Boulder, CO. They don't currently make anything, but I was wondering if there might be interest in such a product? If anyone here was interested, it might make it easier for me to pitch it to them to produce a topper. I think I'd like to have one, as they are small and lightweight, yet can still cover the bed easily.

http://www.softopper.com is located in Boulder, CO. They don't currently make anything, but I was wondering if there might be interest in such a product? If anyone here was interested, it might make it easier for me to pitch it to them to produce a topper. I think I'd like to have one, as they are small and lightweight, yet can still cover the bed easily.

I have one of these on my "other" ride and it works very well. The only problem is I don't think the bed design of a Brat lends itself very well to the way it's secured. It uses C-clamps to secure a square, flat tube to the bedrail. This tube is what holds the snaps and hinge pin in place.

I can take pictures if anybody's interested. Provided I won't get banned for posting pictures of an F-250 Ford on USMB :grin:

Dan

Im thinking of makin a setup similar to something I saw a few years ago in one of the Off-road magazines, I think it was called a Camelback or something, it was a light-wieght stationary steel or aluminum framework with a canvas covering, just like the military rigs. You can roll up the sides, take the canvas off and use the frame as a rack, whatever. I'd have to do something like that to work with my exhaust stacks.

-Bill