Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fun with beemers

Ok, this is totally stupid and I understand if the mods delete this post...

Yesterday I was at a red light with a brand new M3 coupe next to me, it was a two lane road that merged into one just after the light. The roads were wet as it had rained that morning.

So I look over at this guy and he's looking at me. The other light goes yellow and he starts creeping into the crosswalk. I hold the brake (4EAT) and the gas, turbo spooling to 1 BAR. I beat him to the merge by two car lengths. :grin: AWD Subaru FTW.

LOL. For some reason he was pissed, he rode my rump roast (as I did the speed limit) for a quarter mile flashing his high beams. Maybe cause his $60k car was owned by my $800 beater. When it opened up back to two lanes he didn't have the nerve to pull up next to me at the light.

Like I always tell people, my Subaru will take any Porsche, BMW, Mercedes or Honda from 0-60 no problem! It just has to be raining or snowing! Lol:banana:

So true!! When I had the XT6... I had a guy in a vette constantly want to race ( For those who dont know..my XT6 was very..ummm.. one of a kind...painted like a pissed off hornet..black and yellow). I kept telling him to wait for it to rain or snow..to even the playing field.... he always refused on those days.

I have a somewhat similar story of me just goofing around. I was at a light up at uconn and a SRT8 Jeep (hemi for those that dont know) pulled up next to my 74 horse EA81 sedan. I look over at him and he looks at me. I rev it a bit. The turns green i punch it and he floors it and blows by me. I was just laughing at that point that the guy thought it nessisary to show a 74 horse car whos boss. "ok man..u win. Congrats beating my little four with your hemi. Your manliness is noted":lol:

I have a somewhat similar story of me just goofing around. I was at a light up at uconn and a SRT8 Jeep (hemi for those that dont know) pulled up next to my 74 horse EA81 sedan. I look over at him and he looks at me. I rev it a bit. The turns green i punch it and he floors it and blows by me. I was just laughing at that point that the guy thought it nessisary to show a 74 horse car whos boss. "ok man..u win. Congrats beating my little four with your hemi. Your manliness is noted":lol:

What really cracks me up is when those guys hit a patch of ice right in front of you and throw themselves into a ditch! Had it happen about 3 years ago in my 90 Legacy! I just slowly drove by laughing at the guy in his huge Suburban. He took out both the front and rear end!

Thats what cracks me up about these "more HP" people.. HP dont mean diddly in the rain, snow, or ice. Plus when the gas prices went sky high I used to love listening to them complain as they filled up. I would toss $20 in my tank as say...well I am good for the week.:)

Thats what cracks me up about these "more HP" people.. HP dont mean diddly in the rain, snow, or ice. Plus when the gas prices went sky high I used to love listening to them complain as they filled up. I would toss $20 in my tank as say...well I am good for the week.:)

Thats why you put more hp in a subaru and then rock the rain, snow, or ice. Although Ice is preeeety scary even with awd, especially fresh black ice.

Reminds me of a couple of my incidents.

Years ago, I picked up a friend whos car was one of the big high power sports cars. We were waiting to turn left, lots of traffic, in the rain. Anyway, he was impressed when I dumped the clutch & jumped right into the flow. With my 1400 4WD wagon.

Another rainy night, was the typical guy pulls up alongside at the light & revs. I was way ahead by the time I got to the speed limit +5MPH. Of course, he blew by after that, but still...

I don't remeber which car it was though.