Ultimate Subaru Message Board

brumby/brat 5 lug conversion.....wheel backspacing?

will factory legacy wheels fit a brumby/brat that has a XT6 5 lug conversion done on it....will the back spacing be ok?

the legacy rims i have are alot wider than the stock brumby rims (rims are off a second gen legacy wagon...don't know what year) and it looks like they have alot more distance between the surface that pulls up against the hub and the back edge of the rim.

i'm hopefully going to get the 5 lug swap underway next week...lol i think i have all the bits i need....certainly got all the major bits anyway

has anyone else done a 5 lug swap on a brat?...i've searched but didn't come up with anything

Cheers

Callum

check out Jibs's brat. Those look like stock EJ 14s.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=104738

I ran some 17x8 +48s on my EA82 without any major clearance issues (front tires would rub the frame rail at full lock....but only just).

Yeah, I can get more info for you later this weekend (I'm not home at the moment) but yeah I'm running stock legy rims. Don't know the tire size at the moment, but it doesn't seem like they'll rub, its close though

will factory legacy wheels fit a brumby/brat that has a XT6 5 lug conversion done on it....will the back spacing be ok?

the legacy rims i have are alot wider than the stock brumby rims (rims are off a second gen legacy wagon...don't know what year) and it looks like they have alot more distance between the surface that pulls up against the hub and the back edge of the rim.

i'm hopefully going to get the 5 lug swap underway next week...lol i think i have all the bits i need....certainly got all the major bits anyway

has anyone else done a 5 lug swap on a brat?...i've searched but didn't come up with anything

Cheers

Callum

Where abouts did you pick up the XT6 hubs from?