Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RX winter build

vagen

I don't plan to go any lower than arms flat. I know that beyond that is pointless. I have built many race cars before this so I'm no fool.

BTW: a BIG thanks to Grossgary for the swaybars and JWX for the coil over kit. This project is coming alive thanks to the help of members on this forum.

Edited by vagen

I am using the EA82 mounts I had to modify the shaft to have the step far enough down that I could have rubber isolation. I'm not sure how Numbchux did his but I ended up chucking the shaft in the lathe and turning it down an additional 1.5 inches before I could have rubbers and be able to bolt it on. I can tell you its not fun having a whole shock spinning next to your elbow. :eek:

it rained all day yesterday so the shock is filthy once again but here is a photo of it installed.

I think I'll flip the top mounts just to have a little more travel

DSCN0605.jpg

Edited by vagen

I don't plan to go any lower than arms flat. I know that beyond that is pointless. I have built many race cars before this so I'm no fool.

good to know. just looking from your height compared to where mine was set when I was 4-lug.....looks like that would be too low.

my control arms are angled down slightly so I figure I'm ok at this height. Driving impressions without corner weighting the car are very good. it's neutral to the limit then gradual oversteer. I am pleased with how this has worked out. I thought the springs would be too stiff but they are just right. I ended up raising 1.25 inches front and 1 inch rear.

Edited by vagen

Yesterday I started on the custom intake by replacing the tired and cracked tube between the afm and turbo. At the same time I removed the boost controller. When I took it out for a test drive I was stunned, it hit 12 psi on the stock wastegate and the icing on this cake is it idles better.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Vagen,

Im not sure what your looking for in an intake but I have my old soob speed intake(and strut bar for that matter) just sittin around the shop if your interested in it. shoot me a pm if so.

A few other things in devolpment that may be of some interest also but more on that later.

Sam