Ultimate Subaru Message Board

380 cc Injectors in my 1.8 GL Turbo

Hi guys. Just installed a fresh set of injectors in my 88 GL T wagon. Best performance gain I've made to this point. Some history, JDM engine (a dandy)-heads & intake hogged, match ported & polished-stock headers, match ported-both cats removed- 21/2" glass pack-(custom exh.in future)-removed intake muffler- filter box to fender hole opened to 3X4" oval-K&N filter-Saab 900 IC w/ hood scoop-adj. boost referenced fuel pres.reg (from CB Performance)-Accel coil. It's been hurtin' for fuel, A.F. Ratio guage showed it running lean under boost. The new squirters are workin' great, I was able to turn the fuel pres. down & the boost up. The ECU seems to be dealing with it well. The AFR stays on the high side of stoic at all load ranges even at 12-14 lbs of boost. A little rich at cold start,the only problem so far. Started checking milage. Got the kit from Osidetiger in Calif. it came with rebuilt Bosh units, nicely polished W/new pintle caps-new elect. plugs w/8" pig tails-new spacer blocks & seals- new stainless allen bolts & washers-hoses & clamps-even solder & shrink tube for wireing-flow charts. 389cc@ 34.5 Psi.- 437@55. Price? $149.95 & 7.00 ship. Outright, no cores. All in all I'm very pleased. If interested contact Charlie @ http://www.osidetiger.com. Thanks yal, Steve.

OK, I took some pictures, I'll just have to figure how to post em. As far as mounting, they were a direct replacement. I'm still impresed with the power gain, & AFR seems to be real close to where it was with the stockers. Still rich at cold start, doesn't appear so on the AFR guage, be smells rich till it warms a little. I'll see if I can get the wife to help me post some pictures. Thakns guys, S.

How is your idle? Mine has a bit of a lope to it. I think the ECU is having a hard time with the added "loop gain" the injectors give the system.

I have 280 ZX-T injectors (260 cc @ 43 PSI) and my static fuel pressure is 60 PSI. Basically about 1.6 times the fuel as the original setup. My MAF is modified to compensate for the additional fuel. I'm running 16 PSI boost on a TD04L, any more and I get fuel cut.

I've come to the conclusion that any more boost will require a custom engine management unit or hacking the ECU.

Idle is fine, rite at a grand, same as with stock injectors. No lope at all, rich at cold start as mentioned, but clears up as soon as it warms a little. I hope to afford a Megasquirt in the future, but for now the stock ECU seems to be handling it suprisingly well. Could my 7000 Ft elev. be affecting my situation differently than yours? Don't know. But I've been driving around with a big grin since this mod. Thanks, S.

How difficult is the assembly of the M.S. ? I've done a little electronics work, & have the tools. Will the MS1 control spark or boost, for future add ons? What's awide band outfit set ya back? ( It was a set of 4.) Again, the ECU seems to be dealing with em well, still running in a happy stoic range.I dropped the fuel pres. down to 25-35 from 40-50 with the old injectors. Havn't had a fuel cut off episode since & I stepped down one grade on gas with no problems yet.Havn't gone thru a full tank yet,but it doesn't appear to be out of the norm. I hope in the near future to build a full new exhaust. I picked up a MAF unit from a 300 Z N/A, just out of curiosity I put it on yesterday, it fired rite up & ran fine, just a little lean. Thinkin a 280 mite' come closer. Thanks for all the imput folks,S.

• 3 months later...