Ultimate Subaru Message Board

struts on 86 brat

Hello, have an 86 brat that needs new struts. was wondering if there is a type or brand of struts that aren't ultra expensive that i should look into instead of replacing them with a standard strut assembly that my auto parts store carries. any brand that should be avoided. maybe an upgrade? i will be using the vehicle for mainly road use, but do live down a 5 mile long potholed logging road that i drive daily. this is my first sub so any help will be appreciated. thanks, alfredo

Went to my local auto parts store in Duvall and they couldn't find kyb-gr2 struts. said they were obsolete, what ever that means. couldn't find any front strut assemblies for an 84 subaru. they could find rear strut assemblies but nothing for the front. maybe napa? thanks

Went to my local auto parts store in Duvall and they couldn't find kyb-gr2 struts. said they were obsolete, what ever that means. couldn't find any front strut assemblies for an 84 subaru. they could find rear strut assemblies but nothing for the front. maybe napa? thanks

Not obsolete; they just no longer carry them.

http://www.kybshocksonline.com/SearchResults.aspx?AAIA=1267758

Edited by edrach