Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Replacing CV Joint-any good online articles?

I need to replace the CV joints on my 1999 Subaru Forester. Every now and then someone does an excellent job taking pictures and posting them on the web, or at least does a nice write up on how to do this.

Anyone know of any such websites or articles?

Also, I have a bunch of PDF's on repairing my forester that I bought and downloaded from pdftown.com, but I am not finding anything about replacing cv joints in there. I do a search for "cv", "joint", and "constant" (as in constant velocity), but it comes up with nothing regarding the cv joint. Is there another word I should be searching for? Such as half axle (no luck ;-)

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Phil

Go to advanced search and pick New Gen Subarus forum and use keywords forester axle replace, no quotes... or some other combo of words that you think would be used for the procedure you need help with.

I cam up with the below typing my suggestion above:

This could help you I think...

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52790&highlight=replace+cv%23%23+axle+forester

here's the lot of them:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/search.php?searchid=913589

There is the issue of using words with less than four letters; in this instance you would need to use a wildcard like *.

Searching for Joint and Constant might land you in the Off-Topic forum.

Hope some of this helps... good luck!

you looking to replace just the boot or the actual joint?

boots are fairly straight forward once the axle is off the car. i did my first one recently and think i have a thread on here as well.

forester, impreza, legacy axles are all the same (they're even interchangeable 99% of the time), so don't worry about model.