Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Project 83 coupe

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update for everyone...69 camaro window seals do fit...sorta. They dont work correctly though. The shape of the factory seal is different and makes a tight seal in the upper corner where the window seals meet. the camaro ones are shaped differently in this area and therefore do not seal properly. They do work in a pinch though. I have been using it just as a temporary seal for the past few weeks until i get the real deals. The only downside is genuine subaru window seals are friggin expensive :mad:. Just a heads up to anyone who has one of these coupes and wants new seal...gotta get subaru seals.

And just so everyone knows...ive been driving it daily for the past two weeks. Runs like a clock :).

Edited by hatchsub

• 2 weeks later...

Here's pic of the dual exhaust port from the Dual-carb EA-81 RX motor (which had reversed intake and exhaust valves) and a custom header (maybe factory, not sure). Before the days of easy EJ swaps this was my dream. These motor's exist, there were quite a few exported to New Zeland inside coupes, that might be a good place to possibly find one.

post-36-136027639739_thumb.jpg

post-36-136027639743_thumb.jpg

post-36-136027639747_thumb.jpg

post-36-136027639752_thumb.jpg

post-36-136027639758_thumb.jpg

Yea i gave up trying to find one of those dual carb motors. I think i can honestly get the same or more power from a worked over USDM EA81. Thanks for the pics though.

So a bit of an update on the coupe....went out to it today only to find the carpet completely soaked. Windshield leaks and the rear window seeps/leaks too. Awesome. Off to locate gaskets and have a window place do it up for me.

Keep telling yourself that, Steve. My Brat is going to destroy your coupe. :-p

Sorry to hear about the leaks though. Evidently that's one area my Brat and your coupe are equals and it sucks.

Drop that motor in the brat and come out for carlisle. Not that ill have my hipo ea81 done yet but..u should come to carlisle anyways lol.

And yea this leak really blows. The carpet must have weighed 50 pounds and it was completely filled with water. I have i rung out and hanging to dry in the garage. I have siliconed the windows for now but i doubt that will help much if at all. anything is worth a shot though.