Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just bought a 95 Impreza wagon, and the brake light on the dash was illuminated this morning for most of my drive. I did not use the parking brake overnight so it was not sticking. It turned off after about 20 minutes Does anyone know what would cause the light to stay on in very cold weather?

I just bought a 95 Impreza wagon, and the brake light on the dash was illuminated this morning for most of my drive. I did not use the parking brake overnight so it was not sticking. It turned off after about 20 minutes Does anyone know what would cause the light to stay on in very cold weather?

low brake fluid. if you wait a while, maybe a long while it will be on all the time. but for now just when cold. as soon as the fluid warms up and expands?, it goes off. your level now is right at the edge of light on light off.

When weather warms up, you may want to see how much brake pad remains on your front brakes. When pads wear down, the caliper piston is further extended, so additional brake fluid takes up the former caliper space. This is what causes brake fluid level to go down in the reservoir, unless of course, their is a fluid leak somewhere in the system.