Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Son of a Headgasket... Now with JDM goodness!!

Hi Zach.

Sorry for the hard times- you haven't driven on it long enough to be overdue on the 2nd retorque have you? I didn't think you've had it installed long enough (@1k miles it would have been due IIRC)

I know I sold it as-is, but I feel bad. If you could get it back to me w/ a gasket(s) I'd be willing to put them on- pain in the rump roast for you, but it's what I can offer. I would also ask you foot the bill for milling if it turns out to be needed.

Give me a call if you want to talk, I don't work till later today.

Checked it out, And redid the head gaskets today and got instant Milkshake. We checked the heads. didn't mill them.... but checked them according to the spec. Torqued it 5 over all the way around. I'm assuming its a cracked head. (passenger side.) So I'm looking for a Long Block. or a EJ22 SWAP I'm gonna focus on my Legacy Sedan now...

May have found a JDM Engine.

EDIT:: Purchased JDM Engine, Very Nice looking Only missing Alternator, But has PS Pump, and AC Compressor. So I would have those options I could add in the future. I'm out $600 but its warrantied for a year so I'm happy. I'm gonna swap my intake onto it... and get it installed here pretty soon.

If someone Wants the PS Pump or the AC compressor and bracket LET ME know.

Edited by xoomer