Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where can I buy clutch and flywheel bolts?

I forget. Are the flywheel bolts the same as flexplate bolts?

Fine threaded buggers? If so I have them settin' in a bin.

I do (fix and junk) way more auto's than standards.

Curious - why do you need them? Damaged or missing?

Have a pic?

Flexplate bolts are different, the ones for flywheel are longer. I also need pressure bolts bolts, I believe theres 6 of those, and 8 for the flywheel. I need a set because I'm putting together a motor that used to be automatic so I have none.

These are hard to find as they are a large fine pitch thread (the flywheel bolts anyway) but they are cheap from the dealer,

Flywheel bolt part number 800508310 - $0.39 each

Pressure plate bolts - 800210660 - $0.49 each

These are for legacy/foresters 95 and up or so. You don't mention what car/engine you're using but it could be the same.

Look up your car here,

opposedforces.com

I just got to McGuckins -- they have a good selection of metric bolts, and have had most of what I needed for my various projects. If you're not near Boulder, I don't know what locally might have them other than the dealer though... ACE and home depot have pretty lousy selections of the more exotic metric stuff.

Buy OEM or used. Do not buy from a bolt supplier unless you can be sure that they are the proper bolts. The flywheel bolts are low profile for a reason. Too big of a head may cause interference between clutch disc and flywheel.

Besides, for the price quoted, it won't cosdt much to get the right ones.

I'd like to get another set, because the other current set that I have is in my OBW still, bolted up to my 2.2L. As some of you may have seen I'm going to be putting a good 2.5L back into this car, and the 2.5 that I got to build didnt come with anything on it, and if it did it would probably be a flexplate. I guess I dont NEEED to get them, saves me the aggrevation of having to uninstall my old flyhweel and clutch off the 2.2 and just being able to drop in the 2.5 with clutch and flywheel already installed. Didn't think those dealer prices woiuld be so low, I'll have to stop there this week. Thanks guys, and I agree going to a regular bolt store I may not like, it seems like all flywheel bolts are usually designated specifically for flywheels, the pressure plate ones arent as big a deal, but I'm not sure of the diamter and pitch on those....

<<Thanks guys, and I agree going to a regular bolt store I may not like, it seems like all flywheel bolts are usually designated specifically for flywheels, the pressure plate ones arent as big a deal, but I'm not sure of the diamter and pitch on those....>>

yeah, the flywheel bolts have a thinner head to them so they dont stick out as much.

The flywheel bolts are heat treated high strength steel. Most of your average hardware store bolts won't stand up to the 65ft lbs torque spec the flywheel bolts need to be.

The PP bolts aren't anything special. They only get torqued to something like 12 to 15ft lbs. I wanna say they're M8 X1.25? Grade 5 should do fine there.