Ultimate Subaru Message Board

IMO, buying a car unseen is not how I like to buy a car, particularly if from a private owner. Who knows if the car has been wrecked, in a flood, or what. I hope owner didn't advertise with a V-6 motor. If so, he doesn't know what he is talking about. Subies are horizontally opposed 4 or 6's, no "V"s in the line up. Stay clear of this deal is my advise.

youre not telling us a price so how can we tell if its a good deal. wa state car maybe no rust? what city is it in? may be the owner could take it to a independent suby shop for inspection you pay shop you get report. give us a city we can give you a shop name

Edited by bobaru

they dont' get good gas mileage but they're great cars and someone wanting good gas mileage rarely looks for a heavy OBW with roof racks, high ground clearance, 4WD and a 6 cylinder. mine gets 22...maybe 23 on the highway and about 21 daily driving.

the deal smells of scam, so proceed carefully. "buy now, ship later deals" are all over the internet.

that's what I thought. pretty much all of those super cheap adds you're talking about are scams. i've probably seen 100 or so of them, they're very common. if someone is selling a high dollar item really cheap there's hardly a reason to sell thousands of miles away and ship it.