Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Not getting a reading for oil pressure

That pretty much sums it up. The gauge works check by grounding it went to the top. The switch that was in there worked before pulling the motor for headgaskets and no worky after.. I bought a new one thinking I probably bounced it against something to kill it but I have nothing reading on the new one either. And before anyone asks yes it is for a gauge not an idiot light.

Mike

OK so the wire in my hand is yellow even though it doesnt look like it. I obviously screwed it up so where does it go?.. OPS is plugged in and no worky. BTW this is from an 86 hatch. The following pics are of more wires in general viscinity and thought maybe one of them may belong to my problem.

picture.php?albumid=216&pictureid=2112

picture.php?albumid=216&pictureid=2111

picture.php?albumid=216&pictureid=2110

Mike

OK so the wire in my hand is yellow even though it doesnt look like it. I obviously screwed it up so where does it go?.. OPS is plugged in and no worky. BTW this is from an 86 hatch. The following pics are of more wires in general viscinity and thought maybe one of them may belong to my problem

Mike

The wire goes to #5 lead of the 12 pole connector on the back of the gauges.You want 12V here and on #8(black/white).Grounding the yellow/black lead w/140 ohms in series should give 57 psi on the gauge.

Since the gauge still moves,it is probably powered up,but look for voltage at the sender end of the wire anyway.

Sounds like the sender is bad.Could you have gotten a pressure switch instead of a sender? Check the senders resistance.

Edited by naru
spellink