Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 oil pump ?

jbbvw

So after putting it off for five months, I finally started assembling my EA81 (w/ delta cam and 10:1 comp) a couple weeks ago. I ordered a new oil pump from the dealer ($105) since I couldn't find one anywhere else and waited almost three weeks for them to get it only to find out when I went to install it today that it's not the right one! So while I'm waiting till monday to return it I thought I'd see if anyone knows what engine this pump goes to.

Thanks, Jesse

New pump on right

Feb10038.jpg

Feb10039.jpg

Feb10040.jpg

EA71 or older by the looks of it. Nothing newer than the EA81 uses anything close to the design of the pushrod engines. Being you got it from the dealer I would say EA71 because I doubt they even have any pumps for EA63's or older left in inventory. They may have got it confused with a STD model part number or if the car is very early (80/81) then it may have referenced an EA71 if they aren't very familair with the old stuff.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder

I thought it might be EA71. I already scraped the block I got my pistons out of though so I couldn't compare. The people I dealt with didn't seam to know anything about older subarus. I'm not very happy with this dealer and will definitely use a different one next time I need something. Thanks for the info, hopefully it will help me get the right pump this time.

Jesse