Ultimate Subaru Message Board

anybody know if this is right?

I just put a weber in my brat and I'm a bit unsure about the vacuum lines. I've read about how they should work and I think this is pretty much it, but I was hoping somebody could confirm that for me. Its about a 5/8 hose coming out of the air cleaner to a "T" fitting that has a 1/4 and a 5/8 on the two other ports. the 5/8 goes to the passenger side head. the 1/4 side of the "T" stays at that size all the way to a "F" fitting (about 10 inches away), which is 5/8 on both the other ports of the "F"- one goes to the drivers side of the head and the other goes to the PCV valve. Does this make sense? its a bit hard to describe it. I might try to take a photo if this is too hard to follow. Also on a side note: I read that you need to NOT cap the fuel tank vent line. where do you leave it open at? right at the metal hose on its way to where the canister would be?

cool, thanks for the links. I'm pretty new to this forum but I have read over a bunch of stuff like that and it seems people are a bit (understandably) frustrated about explaining it over and over again. I just have a question about the hose going from the T by the air cleaner to the T at the pcv hose. If it is ok for the whole hose to be smaller or if it has to taper from 5/8 down smaller? its hard to explain so I might try it again once I figure out how to post a photo.