Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I had a LED light bar that I got free from somewhere so I decided to install it.

I kept the OEM dome lamp. This one can turn on with the doors, plus I have an override switch on the dash. So nice, I can see when I'm camping out now. Plus this thing draws only 1A!

No light on

IMGP1707.jpg

Light on

IMGP1708.jpg

Installed pictures, I never realized how yellow incandescent lights are...

IMGP1716.jpg

IMGP1719.jpg

I was thinking about putting a 3W Cree LED in the car but only when I get my windows tinted as it's going to be crazy bright.

I have a LEd in now a festoon but that's still not very bright.

Now the LED in the glovebox.. 1000% improvement over the stock bulb.

Because of the depth of this light I could not mount it where there was a reinforcement bar behind the head liner. The existing dome lamp is mounted to one of these reinforcement bars. I added tinnerman clips to the headliner to attach this light bar. It is for a heavy duty truck and a stock replacement for the existing florescent lamp. hence it takes up 75% more space then it has to, but boy does it light things up!

The three way dome lamp switch controls both lights.

I also installed a ground switch on the LED light and wired it to the back of the consol, so when I am camping out in the back I can turn on the light without getting up.

Which place did you buy it from. I'm about ready to start a few LED experiments and am electrically challenged.

I did however invest in CREE some time ago and it's been a VERY good ride. I'd expect it to slow down soon for a bit though.

I have a few LED's at the house, and have seen them used in cars. Much better light.

City's and College's switching to LED's all over the globe.