Ultimate Subaru Message Board

subin' it up!

Greetings all! I am Joshua and I am a fanatic when it comes to the subarus...About 10 yrs ago I got my first Subaru wagon and I was sold....The first second in the drivers seat! I have been without it for awhile because I lent it to my grandmother and it broke down and now it sits(with a future ahead of it of course) out in a field. Just two weeks ago my Camry took a crap and was stuck with nothing, so my fiance' bought me an 83 gl hatchback and I am once again, in love. I plan on Giving it alot of upgrades so I set out looking for a good forum sight and look what I found! I am starving for knowledge on anything Subaru, so anyones help is greatly appreciated! I plan on doing it all myself, because I have no money and I am just as capable.....this aint rocket science...just need to be pointed in the right direction, know what I mean? I want to lift the 83 hatchback up, for starters, I want to get the brush guards, I want to know what other engines are compatible and much more.

These cars are unbelievable, and people I know think I am nuts, but I tell them they will never know what I am talking about until they drive/own one....They are purely magic.

As far as lifting it, there are numerous threads relating to that subject. you can turn up the torsion bars in the back and block the front struts. I believe that should give you around 2" of lift. That is all the farther you want to go without dropping the carriage and diffs.

get friendly w/ the search button and do lots of reading. Many here have built bumpers and brush guards and there are pics that show them.

Good luck man.

Caleb

As far as lifting it, there are numerous threads relating to that subject. you can turn up the torsion bars in the back and block the front struts. I believe that should give you around 2" of lift. That is all the farther you want to go without dropping the carriage and diffs.

get friendly w/ the search button and do lots of reading. Many here have built bumpers and brush guards and there are pics that show them.

Good luck man.

Caleb

Welcome!

You'll find this site just as "enchanting" as your hatch ;)

And Breeke is slightly off, you can't really do any suspension lifts as your car

has such a narrow wheelbase that the angles created will eat axles.

And I second the search button comment.

Use it often and you won't have nearly as many people jumping down your

throat about your threads.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you around!

Twitch