Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 loyale fender change

hi all, yeah i'm new to the board. will do the cp thing a little later.

anyway, i'm going to change the left front fender on my 92 loyale and was looking for a little instruction. i gave a quick lookat yester and it don't look to bad but around the headlite looks a little tricky. fender just arrived yester.

any input or instruction or link greatly appreciated.

thnaks in advance,

redbone11

pull the bumper. you will have better access to get to the bolts on the front. watch out for those bolts, they can break if too rusty, especially the bolts thu the valence.

the bumper bolts are immediately below the battery or the charcoal can on the frame rails.

to remove the bolt behid the door, open the door all the way and use a box end wrench, or a SHORT 1/4 dr socket with extension. if you pull the little door pin out you can get more clearance.

What he said ^^^^

Also, if you have a small impact wrench, that makes pulling fenders off and

putting them back on a LOT easier.

I'm pretty sure the fender bolts are either 12 or 14mm.

I'm not sure, but does your turn signal clip or screw to your fender?

If so, obviously you'll need to remove that to swap fenders.

Just be careful about the rusty bolts and you should be ok.

Twitch

original bolts are 6mm x 1.0 thread, 10mm hex. some of the bolts on the valence may be 12m depending on year.

i forgot to mention the marker lite. there is a screw in the bottom corner on the side, that goes into the fenter, and one on the top, that goes to the headlight bucket. be sure to remove them and the light before pulling the fender

if you break a bolt, you can drill it out and install 'riv-nuts', which are threaded inserts you install with a rivet tool