Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat Power Mirrors and Windows

Jibs

Has anyone converted their manual brat mirrors and windows to power mirrors/windows? I was looking at a wagon recently (Knowing wagons are different) and was wondering how hard it would be. can I use the wiring from the wagon with the door bits of a sedan or coupe? Thanks. Search time!

I know there's been a few people do it...

I've got all the parts from a coupe to do it to my blue brat, just never had the time yet...

I'm sure you could use part of the wiring from a wagon. just need to have the regulator from a coupe w/PW.

I installed power mirrors on the lifted wagon...

It's a direct fit, all the plugs already exist in the harness.

From the donor, you need to pull the mirrors, the wires and connectors that run from the mirror base, through the door, and exit somewhere near the A pillar, and the switch of course.:)

I wanted to do power windows in my hatch, but haven't went down the road yet. I also looked at some after market universal kits too. I'm very interested to see how this turns out. Please post photos and lots of information so I can steal your ideas.:grin:

Sweet. Thats good to know that the plugs are there already for the mirrors. Thanks for all the info.

he did his swap on a wagon (which had the power option from the factory). Your BRAT, did not have the options, unless you got the turbo brat. I doubt the statement holds for a BRAT.

My turbo brat still has crank windows. I converted my wagon back and forth meaning I put them all in, made it all work, then took it all out because the motors are rather slow and drove me more nuts than just having crank windows.

Grab the harnesses out of the wagon I think you will find that theres a plug under the dash for each window motor harness to plug into already but if not you have a lot more work.