Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea81 oil pump seal kit

NAPA can order them - last time I checked though the price was higher than the dealer.

Call one of the online dealer's or actually go in-person to the dealer and ask them to order the thing for you. That's rediculous and if they won't help you call Subaru corporate and complain. If any dealer treated me that way I would be furious and would make a scene that would drive away customer's for weeks. :mad:

That makes my blood boil just hearing about it. I'm going to have to retreat to my sanctuary and rebuild my calm with some wrenching :)

GD

Our local dealer could care less about old subys.

Dave, are you talking about TIMS? I used to work there when it was Hyundai Isuzu. Last I heard a Subaru franchise replaced Isuzu when when Isuzu went under. If the parts manager is still the same, he is the only one to talk too. His name is Ed, he's great. They've had some pretty worthless people in there over the years, and if they are busy in the shop they will blow you off on the phone especially for something that might require pulling a book out for. If you could get the subaru part # that would solve their need to flip pages.

Edited by ihscout54

I would bet the dealer just saw that there wasn't a oil pump reseal "kit" and told the caller that to get rid of them. If makes me mad too, that's basically the attitude: we'll help only when it works for us. Any unnecessary parts lookup isnt' worth the time and effort. To reseal an EA81 oil pump it's only a couple O-rings and a gasket (external reseal), you just have to order them separately.

Part numbers and MSRP list prices:

424207000 $1.80

806938020 $2.80

806914020 $0.90

These are the two O-rings and body gasket to reseal external leaks on an EA81 oil pump. note: some dealers have "adjusted" their list price, i.e. list+5% as ours does. you might be able to bargain, you may not.

~Erik~

I went out there today and they CAN get it. Don't really know who or what but alls well that ends well. Yeah I have dealt with Ed and he does as well as he can with the limited source of resources he has. I don't think Lamb passed over much for to them when they changed hands.

thanks,dp

ps gd you have a pm on another subject matter from me.