Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Depends on what it's for. Non-interferance engines I feel a lot better about using an ebay kit. Also helps if it's going to be a 60k timing belt vs. a 105k belt - lifetime of the bearings and water pump don't matter so much with the 60k interval belts.

On the 60k interval, non-interferance 2.2's (I do a lot of these), I get a full belt/bearing/seal/water pump kit from ebay for $117 shipped. I've used a number of them without any problems.

GD

scroll to the bottom left of the screen - similar threads shows tons of threads asking the same question.

i'm with GD - the better option for some people may be to replace all or only the pulleys that spin freely or are notably bad with Subaru OEM if the kits don't look appetizing.

at the same time the kits are cheap and certainly better than 10+ year old originals that are mostly devoid of grease.

I've used the ebay kits from the import experts and they have been first rate and OEM certified. The bearings and tensioners were exactly the same as the ones I have purchased from Subaru and at a far lower price. All of the parts come directly from Japan and I can't imagine that there are that many manufacturers over there.

If you buy from them, I would recommend the parts, other vendors, I'm not sure of their parts or quality.

Good luck

I get a full belt/bearing/seal/water pump kit from ebay for $117 shipped. I've used a number of them without any problems.

GD

I'm not sure what seller GD uses, but I just got a kit for my 90' lego from mizumi

auto for that exact price.

With all the aforementioned components too.

It seemed to be of good quality.

Twitch