Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What to Do With Recently Pulled Hitachi?

This was pulled from my car recently and a rebuilt was used. The car is my daily driver and it was running fine but needed some "stuff" - just old age kind of things. Decided to spring for a rebuilt carb instead of rebuilding mine (I don't do these things, a shop does). Bought the rebuilt one off ebay some time ago. Was saving up a bunch of parts I bought here & there, until I had just about everything accumulated that I wanted changed out.

Anyway, the Hitachi that was pulled is the original to the car and it's never been rebuilt. I would be driving the car w/out replacing it - it ran well enough for that. But I pulled the car from daily use due to not being able to keep power steering fluid it it anymore. But that is another story and taken care of now.

I will picking the car up from the shop soon. I told them to keep the carb & all its parts together for me. What should I consider doing with it? Throw it in a river? I don't need two carbs for any reason. But it's in too good of shape to destroy.

Any advice? Keep in mind that I don't do mechanical work. Too unknowledgable, too old, too female :)

Unfortunately they aren't real desireable and are pretty common. If you can find someone that wants it you could probably get $50 for it since it ran. Last one I had I sold to a fellow member for $25 - also ran fine but was no longer needed.

GD

I think it would need rebuilding before plopping it itno a car. But it did run OK, no problems. But like I said, not fiddled with since it left the factory. I did run Marvel Mystery Oil through my gas fairly often.

When I bet it back I'll list it & see what happens. Thanks for the baseline price.