Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tie rod ends?

Uberoo

How do you not bend tie rods ends while out wheeling?I haven't bent the radius rods yet but BOTH of my tie rods are bent at the threaded section.I just found that out today as I tried to align my wheeler so it would at least drive down the road in a reasonably straight and controlled manner.Is there any way to reinforce the tie rods threaded area?I can reinforce the non threaded area but...

How do you not bend tie rods ends while out wheeling?I haven't bent the radius rods yet but BOTH of my tie rods are bent at the threaded section.I just found that out today as I tried to align my wheeler so it would at least drive down the road in a reasonably straight and controlled manner.Is there any way to reinforce the tie rods threaded area?I can reinforce the non threaded area but...

Choose a line where you dont smash into stuff and slow down...........

Jeff

I have bent NONE of the above. And I wheel regularly and use my car to its built capabilities...... That is use, not ABUSE! The only thing beefed on the front is the radius rods are sleeved and lengthened about 1.5", and the control arms are lightly beefed. Everything steering related is 100% stock, ea82, other then lengthened steering shaft. Thanks, Spencer

think I figured it out.

Bent tie rods come from a side load impact to the wheel,and bent radius rods come from a rearward loading on the front wheel.

so

car slides sideways in rut and slaps wheel-bent tie rod if big enough impact

hit some obstacle with front tire- bent radius rods if big enough impact..

just different loading.