Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hubs needed

Naked Buell

So the other day I was searching through and found someone here that is selling hubs already drilled. You just let him know what specs and after payment sends you the hubs. But I can't seem to find him now. Does anybody know what I am talking about and if so please direct. Thanks Sub Bros

I do 6-lug hub conversions, till the end of this month its $60 plus $20 shipping, I send you a set of hubs with all new studs pressed in, you send me your old ones back when you get the converted ones. Shoot me a PM if interested with your address, year/model, and if you have rear discs or rear drums.

-Bill

Well I am trying to round up the hubs so I can do the 6 lug conversion. I have an extra set of front hubs, counting the hubs on my Brat now. But while at the wrecking yard there was an XT6 with rear disc brakes so I grabbed everything except the rear hubs because they were 5 lug. I didn't want to have 5 in the rear and 6 in the front. So being that you do hubs, which is easier to convert; 5 or 6?

XT6 are different than EA82 and regular XT cuz of the 5 lug parts, you can use the front lower control arms, knuckles, hubs and struts and the rear hubs, brakes and backing plate to convert your EA82 or EA81 to 5-lug, the same bolt pattern as the Legacies and Imprezas, and its all bolt-on. There arent as many off-road style wheels for the 5 lug, but there are a million wheel options in that pattern. For a 6-lug swap I need 4-lug hubs to start with.

-Bill

XT6 are different than EA82 and regular XT cuz of the 5 lug parts, you can use the front lower control arms, knuckles, hubs and struts and the rear hubs, brakes and backing plate to convert your EA82 or EA81 to 5-lug, the same bolt pattern as the Legacies and Imprezas, and its all bolt-on. There arent as many off-road style wheels for the 5 lug, but there are a million wheel options in that pattern. For a 6-lug swap I need 4-lug hubs to start with.

-Bill

So from what I see, 6 lug is way easier. So my problem is I have to find a set of 4 lug rear rubs from a 4 wheel drive Rx, Xt, or Gl-10, right?

But while at the wrecking yard there was an XT6 with rear disc brakes so I grabbed everything except the rear hubs because they were 5 lug.

WOW! Not sure I've ever seen someone do that before!:eek: FYI, those xt6 rear hubs you left behind are highly sought after by some enthusiasts. If it were me, I would go back and snatch them up for no other reason then to re-sell them for profit. At very least the rear hubs, but if you've got the $$ Everything from the backing plates to the calipers, hubs and rotors too. Front knuckles, hubs, calipers, rotors, control arms, swaybars. Although front stuff is less difficult to retrofit from ej series...... Mainly rear hubs...... Shoot I'll buy em if ya wanna pick em up!

WOW! Not sure I've ever seen someone do that before!:eek: FYI, those xt6 rear hubs you left behind are highly sought after by some enthusiasts. If it were me, I would go back and snatch them up for no other reason then to re-sell them for profit. At very least the rear hubs, but if you've got the $$ Everything from the backing plates to the calipers, hubs and rotors too. Front knuckles, hubs, calipers, rotors, control arms, swaybars. Although front stuff is less difficult to retrofit from ej series...... Mainly rear hubs...... Shoot I'll buy em if ya wanna pick em up!

So if it was you, would you convert the Brat to 6 lug or 5 lug? I plan on putting a ej in the Brat with the ej tranny sooner or later. I will go today and see if the hubs are still there. Is the 2wd Xt parts the same as far as the front stuff? I know the rears are different because of not having an axle go through it but is the front the same?:)

If you are going to lift it, 6 lug. If you are staying stock height or lower, 5 lug.

But the 5 lug conversion isn't a simple bolt-on for a Brat. You need custom lower control arms in the front and custom axles in the front. No axle exists that is the right length and has the correct outer joint style (EJ splines), and the control arms for the XT6 are too long, while the Brat's control arms have the wrong interface for the ball joint. No one makes these parts - you will have to custom fab them.

GD

So if it was you, would you convert the Brat to 6 lug or 5 lug? I plan on putting a ej in the Brat with the ej tranny sooner or later. I will go today and see if the hubs are still there. Is the 2wd Xt parts the same as far as the front stuff? I know the rears are different because of not having an axle go through it but is the front the same?:)

Guess I should've been a little clearer, 4wd xt6 rear hubs are more desirable to some people than 2wd ones.

And, if it were MY project........

If you are going to lift it, 6 lug. If you are staying stock height or lower, 5 lug.

GD

Guess I should've been a little clearer, 4wd xt6 rear hubs are more desirable to some people than 2wd ones.

And, if it were MY project........

I went to the wrecking yard today but they are closed Sun and Mon so tomorrow I will snag the 5 lug hubs. Oh and by the way, there was two XT's there. One was 4wd and the other 2wd. I am grabbing the 4wd ones.