Ultimate Subaru Message Board

And Then The Lights Went Out

So im preparing my car for the lift buy removing the rear shocks. The 1st side went ok but man they were on ther tight. Put some lube and backed them on and off frequently so i didnt bust everything. So im on the 1st bolt on the passenger side when my 2 10 inch extensions and my torque wrench (dont ask) slip off the bolt sending the torque wrench smashing full force against my temple, then the lights went out.

I came too sprawled halfway under guido hunched over the tire with aching teeth and head. I dont know how long was i out but no one noticed. It was not a productive day.

Edited by The Dude Abides

I had thought about going in but im doing ok. I was always warned not to get hit in the temple because it could end you. Ive never been knocked out before so it sure was something. Yea im doin ok except for the right side of my head hirting.:)

I dunno, loss of consciousness is nothing to mess with... I hope you feel better, that really is a crazy thing.

When I was lifting my 82' wagon, I was under the car putting in the lift blocks and did almost the same thing, but I didn't knock myself out. Instead, I nailed the same spot on my head with the wrench, my 1/2" drive spud with the breaker bar on it, about four times. I kept moving around but when the bolts were breaking loose, that was my head to pad the wrench. The back went in fine though.:lol:

i was knocked out once when the hatch on my CRX was open, I was standing in there digging around in the back, and when it came down, the latch part shaped like a "U" nailed me in the back of my head, and knocked me out too.

hit me in the center of the rear of my head.

never been quite right before or after.