Ultimate Subaru Message Board

weber to EA81?

Im just wondering if anyone has ever modified the intake manifold to get a weber to fit rather than just buying the adapter plate?Ive done similar things on demolition derby cars or what not to get carbs to fit,they work just don't look pretty...

Im asking because mostly im cheap/poor but I really don't want to modify the hood to fit the air cleaner because then I would need to build some sort of bulge or scoop to keep the air cleaner from getting coated in mud first time out.

Edited by Uberoo

if i remember correctly, the base of a weber is too large to fit onto an intake. and honestly, clean out your underhood area and put a hood back on your car. that stuff isn't good for it. If you spent half as much time maintaining your car as you did asking questions, you would have a better car, and understand how it works, so you would be able to figure out this kind of stuff instead of making threads on the board. get your weber on your car, so you can see what it looks like. then decide if you can weld a carburetor onto an intake.

Edited by Markus56

it does have a hood on it now.I maintain it.Sorta.I clean it off after each outing,I change the fluids when they need it,I fix parts when they break.How is that not maintaining it?

as for the picture,I like it,its a personal best for me.A car so throughly caked in that it musta weighed a 100-150lbs more than normal.Until I can do better (with my new hood included) then it will stay.

I never said I was going to weld the carb to the intake.I was thinking more like drilling and tapping new holes in the intake to make it fit.

I never said I was going to weld the carb to the intake.I was thinking more like drilling and tapping new holes in the intake to make it fit.

Wont work. As was said earlier if you were to pull the hitachi and hold the weber up to the intake u would find out why immediately. The weber base is monstrous compared to the hitachi. And you shouldnt need to cut your hood to make a weber and air cleaner fit. You need a 1.5 inch air cleaner rather than the 2.5 inch one or you need a lift to drop the engine. One way or the the other it will fit.