Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Guido Gets Lifted

But doesnt get to go mudding.:mad:

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=2296

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=2297

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=2298

Unfortunately this isnt a april fools joke either. Its dripping out pretty good. That puddle was after about 10 minutes of running. So it would be either put the rest of the lift on and take it wheeling while spewing coolant like that or fix the wp which i assume is leaking. I dont know if the wp is bad because there is no play in the shaft but pretty sure thats where its leaking is right under it. Probally dripping into the friggin timeing belts which ill need to do also. F*** my world.

It's a right-angle hose comming off the top of the water pump and going to the heater core tubes. It's beneath the alternator/AC bracket.

I have a cool part number for a range-rover heater core hose that has two of those tight 90's in it - that way you get an extra for a spare or the next time you do one and the hose is like $8. I'll get the number for you if you need it.

GD

Honestly this thing is a wreck. I love guido i really do but the iowa winters have been harsh on the old boy. I keep finding more structural rust. I can see 2 maybe 3 more years tops. I still have yet to install the front of the lift which im going to attempt this weekend. Poor old guy needs lots of help, but he does look friggin awsome.

Looks Good! what lift is that?

also... what size tyres are those? thats bout the stance i want in my ride.

That is the 2 inch suspension lift. If you want i know someone who has one all ready if you wanted to venture this route. :)

And there 27x8 1/2x14 on peugeot wheels. You need different wheels if you want to lift because only a handfull of subaru wheels were above 13 inch for the 4x140 bolt pattern.

Honestly this thing is a wreck. I love guido i really do but the iowa winters have been harsh on the old boy. I keep finding more structural rust. I can see 2 maybe 3 more years tops. I still have yet to install the front of the lift which im going to attempt this weekend. Poor old guy needs lots of help, but he does look friggin awsome.

Run it till it busts, work out all the bugs in the lift and other stuff. see what tire combinations you like.etc . etc. than look for another one and transfer all the goddies to it. its the circle of life man.

ashes to ashes , iron oxide to iron oxide

Yea i think thats the plan. I honestly wouldnt mind going old school but since i have money invested in ea82 stuff i think ill stick with that route. Yea ill start trying to locate a rust free ea82 wagon. We have a hatchback here with lower miles but i want a completely rust free car not from here so it will last longer. Maybe i can make that my vacation next year. Head up to washington and wheel with one eye for a day then rip off the good parts and send the rest to the crusher. I dont want to think about it like that but with the structure rust im noticeing i dont see it going any other way.

Looking good Ben! Finally lifting it :banana: Are those 14" BFGs!? Must be old huh?

As for the waterpump, mine was leaking out of the weep hole and there was no play in the shaft (Go figure) it very well could be that small 2" long hose from the WP to the heater core line like GD said. I had the part number for it (Dunno if I still do)

Keep us up to date :)

If you were to remove the A/C pump or alt you will see the small rubber hose thats bent like an "L" that connects to the top of the water pump and then goes to the heater core line that runs under the intake manifold. you will have to remove the A/C pump or Alt (Depending if you have A/C or not) and you will then see it. If you were to replace the Waterpump you would need to remove this hose anyway to get the water pump out.

-Tom :)

Ok got the CB installed though the antenna kinda stinks ill need a different one of those.

And i got one side installed on the front lift. I might get to the other side this evening. I havent been takeing pictures like i usually do but you guys will see when its done.

Oh and brent, incase this thing doesnt get done we need to figure out if you are going to take dennis in your ride or whatever is going to happen.

Ok got the CB installed though the antenna kinda stinks ill need a different one of those.

And i got one side installed on the front lift. I might get to the other side this evening. I havent been takeing pictures like i usually do but you guys will see when its done.

Oh and brent, incase this thing doesnt get done we need to figure out if you are going to take dennis in your ride or whatever is going to happen.

topper came off today, so there are 2 jump seats with seatbelts available :) i will let you and dennis toss the coin. Dennis may take his Brat again i cant tell what he is going to do.

Edited by bheinen74

Guido is.....................................................

Causeing me problems. Got everything removed just like on the drivers side and its just not fitting. The cv shaft is hitting the lower control arm where it mounts. It didnt do this on the driverside so im confused. I dont know how one side can be different then the other. So now i wont be able to get to it until friday. So ill ask the question where do i go from here. Would renting a spring compresser do the trick just to get enough clerance into the hub.

spring compressor the fits over the coils and makes them closer might get that, or what about pulling axle off the transmission on that side to get the extra clearance then put in your spacer, put axle back on the stub, fasten up.

Edited by bheinen74

In order to remove the axle off the trans stub, you would need to either remove the control arm from the crossmember or pop the BJ out of the hub from the control arm. to be able to swing the entire hub out enough to pull the DOJ off the trans stub.

Ben, in order to get enough clearance I would just pop the BJ out of the hub so I could swing the hub out some with the axle DOJ disconnected from the tranny cause then the entire strut/hub assembly will pop down and out enough to get the spacer block up and bolted to the strut top, then just put it all together. The axle shaft will rub on the crossmember where the control arm meets while the car is jacked up (Mine does) but one on the ground you will have enough space where it won't. As for why one side does and the other doesn't I have no clue, maybe it was hit once and somethings a bit off. But with the DOJ disconnected you will be able to swing the axle up more to clear the crossmember so you can put your block in. (I've been there and done it, Lol)

:)

Edited by TheLoyale

Guido gets...........

LIFTEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

But doesnt get to go mudding. Aparently someone got happy with the hammer and knocked some threads on the tie rod end. I cant straighten them out and it seems that its a special order part for all the parts stores. Kinda ************ty to get this close and not get to go. Ill get over it.:mad: