Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tranny mounts grrr.

I was helping the boy most of the weekend put his car together. We drop the tranny into its new home and he has lost the bracket for the mount ( the part that actually bolts to the tranny). I grab the ones off the 5 speed to see if they will work.. nope. makes the whole tranny sit tilted to the right. I ended up going to PAP and got some off a DL hoping that it will work.. Nope. It is really wierd the bolt spacing on the left side of the tranny is smaller that the brackets from the 5 speed or the DL is there supposed to be a difference or did I wind up with a freak of nature and subaru?

Mike

I was helping the boy most of the weekend put his car together. We drop the tranny into its new home and he has lost the bracket for the mount ( the part that actually bolts to the tranny). I grab the ones off the 5 speed to see if they will work.. nope. makes the whole tranny sit tilted to the right. I ended up going to PAP and got some off a DL hoping that it will work.. Nope. It is really wierd the bolt spacing on the left side of the tranny is smaller that the brackets from the 5 speed or the DL is there supposed to be a difference or did I wind up with a freak of nature and subaru?

Mike

Mike, come by the house after work one of these nights. I will show you how to fix it. ;)

Ken