Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Have old 99 OBW, interested in buying 2010 OBW

Took a test drive in a new 2010 OBW that I am interested in buying. They are really nice cars. Is there much ability to negotiate on new car prices or cost down these days? If so, how much? Anyone bought a 2010 that can tell their negotiation story? No trade in, I will keep my old car.

Sorry if this is the wrong USMB forum to ask this question, but after looking around, I couldn't find any USMB forum that looked better suited to ask this question.

The subaruoutback.org forum has lots of new OBW owners, I would plug around there a bit or even post. Wait aren't you over there already? In general you can get a great deal on new cars as they no longer make much money on them. The general pricing is public knowledge and the amount of profit they're willing to make is fairly standard. Comes down to if you can handle it and what the local dealer is like. If there's only one dealer within hundreds of miles that doesn't bode well, they can get big headed about their psuedo-monopoly. But there's lots of dynamics in play. Make sure you don't end up with the "shaking" issue that's been a debacle on the newer (2009...2010's not sure) OBW's. There's an enormous thread about it on the outback forum.