Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I don't know exactly what this means but there is nary a 15" wheel for my '99 OBW anywhere in the area. I've been trying to locate 4 wheels for my summer tires and nobody has any. Has anyone experienced this issue in their area?

I'd even settle for 4 plain Jane steel ones and buy a set of 15" covers.

I've got atleast one set (another set is still on the car).

Nothing special. 2 have tires to go fetch another Outback with 2 bad tires that I no longer have time to go get.

I'll be in and out all week. PM me an email.

I don't know exactly what this means but there is nary a 15" wheel for my '99 OBW anywhere in the area. I've been trying to locate 4 wheels for my summer tires and nobody has any. Has anyone experienced this issue in their area?

I'd even settle for 4 plain Jane steel ones and buy a set of 15" covers.

look here if it doesn't work out with dave. http://www.car-part.com

I was in a wrecking yard here in Indy. The yard has several Subarus, one of which had nearly new tires on alloy rims. Pretty sure it was a 96 OBW with 15" stock alloy wheels. Yard wanted $200 for tires and wheels. Prolly still there. If interested, I will get you contact info. Larry....Rooster2

I am trying my luck at "restoring" factory alloy wheels that have the clear coat rot and pit/stain issues. Getting an ugly set and then stripping and refinishing them might be an option for you. Junk yards always want too much for wheels that aren't usually in great shape, in my opinion, but sometimes they are the only option. There should be a good number of 90s Subes with alloy wheels making their way to the yards though.

I always thought the Tribeca wheels would look stankin' awesome on an OBS, but I settled on a set of 15s from a 95 LSi.

Chevy Cavalier, Dodge Caravan, PT cruiser...........lots of rigs with 5x100

GM wheels bolt onto Subaru hubs? Shoot, I bet that set of 15x7 ralley wheels from the muscle car era would look sweet on my OBS...lol.

I am trying my luck at "restoring" factory alloy wheels that have the clear coat rot and pit/stain issues. Getting an ugly set and then stripping and refinishing them might be an option for you. Junk yards always want too much for wheels that aren't usually in great shape, in my opinion, but sometimes they are the only option. There should be a good number of 90s Subes with alloy wheels making their way to the yards though.

I always thought the Tribeca wheels would look stankin' awesome on an OBS, but I settled on a set of 15s from a 95 LSi.

Tribeca wheels fit SVX and STi. -they are not 5x100 - just putting it out there so people don't do something wrong.

They share the same 5x113 bolt pattern but often don't fit each other (Tribeca/STI). I believe one has a thicker wheel stud, one has brake clearance issues with another, and honestly they don't look that good on each other either. The SVX uses special lug nuts on its wheels with a washer thing built in as well.

As usual, thanks for the responses.

So let me get this straight.....GM 15x7 wheels have the same bolt pattern and offset as my factory wheels as well as Mopar Caravan/Voyager/Town & Country? If so, that opens a lot of doors. I don't find this off the wall at all as I was able to use Ford Ranger wheels on my Jeep Cherokees.