Ultimate Subaru Message Board

holly carb on an ea81 brat

ook so i bought i brat and there is a holly carb and adapter plate for it. not installed yet, my question is how good is a holly carb, im askin because all i ever hear about on a sube is either a weber or a hitachi. i mean i know holly is a good brand but does it match with weber?

It's likely a Holley/Weber "5200 series" which is a licensed copy of the Weber 32/36 DFV. They very often have smaller venturi's and are harder to work with on EA81's due to the mirror-image design of the cafb vs. the Weber 32/36 DGV and the smaller venturi's mean more playing with jetting - the jetting for the DGV's is widely known and rattling around in my head. I have no idea what to jet a DFV at because I don't use them and haven't tuned one.

I don't lilke them personally. There's a variety of reasons. But ultimately they were clone carbs equipped with a lot more "junk" for use on 70's Ford products. Pinto's, Cortina's, etc.

GD