Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My new (well old) seats!!

Just spent today putting these in. It took me forever to find a seat that i liked and matched my interior. These are flofits (think recaro) from the late 90s. They have adjustable headrest (both up and forward and back), adjustable leg rests and inflatable lumbar support. They havent changed the style since the early 80s though so they fit with my interior perfectly. I got them for a song too. As for mounting i was flabbergasted...they were 95 percent bolt on!! All the holes lined up on the seat bottom for the stock EA81 rails to bolt onto but i needed to space the seat up and off the rails 1/4 of an inch so that the seat release mechanism didnt interfere with the bottom of the seat. I still have some fine tuning to do with how the sit but all in all im happy.

Anyone know the best way to raise just the back of the seat up? Im thinking an inch might just do it.

Here is a pic showing the difference between the RS impreza seats and these. Just a BIT different

IMG_1534.jpg

And both!

IMG_1535.jpg

Note to other people who are tall and have head clearance issues...these seats solve ALL of that. This was by far the easiest seat install ive had to do with non-stock seats. I doubt ill ever get this lucky again.

Thanks everyone. I think to get the rear up im going to space between the floor and the rail on the one side and then have to whip out the welder and extend the tab on the other rail to lift that one as well. Shouldnt be too bad and not everyone will want to do it but for me the seat bottom is just a bit too slanted back.

As for the RS seats they be spoken for Briggs :-P. They are actually going to find their way back into my old sedan with its new owner Backwoodsboy.

• 2 weeks later...

Definately Recaro knockoffs,exactly the same when fitting Alfa Sprint coupe Recaro's to my EA81 wagon dead easy conversion and narrow enough to work in EA 81 vehicles,plenty of Rusted Alfa's to get them from as well.