Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Putting a 5 speed in my auto loyale

So, I need a little help with the details. I know the score for the most part. I have already spent 2 hours on my back in the drivers seat and have successfuly attached the clutch pedal and manual brake pedal. Whew!

I haven't figuired out what to do with the hillholder/cluth return spring. The brake lines on the auto project car seem to be in the way of mounting the hillholder. I have cut the lines on the hillholder and do not plan on using it, but I have another donor car with it intact in case i need too.

Also there are a couple of electrical connections on the auto that i wont need(what should i do with them?)and how do i jimmy the neutral start switch to think it is always in neutral.

And what about the oil cooler lines??? Plug em, ignore em??

With answers to these three puzzles I plan on wheeling the hell out her this weekend. Then I'll be back next monday for advice on lifts, axle/bearing replacement and "close enough" alignment tips. LOL

Thanks everone in advance

MW

If your not planning on using the hillholder dont mess with the brakes on the car to get the swap. I did the auto to manual swap a few years ago and never bothered with the hillholder. All i did was use a clutch return spring from a DL. Had to go the dealer and i think it was something like 5 bucks. Anyways most of what you will probably want is in the writeup i did. Here it is:

http://ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69534

I did just assume this is 2wd as well though. If your 4wd you have a few more steps but shouldnt be that bad.