Ultimate Subaru Message Board

With these questions, are you trying to convert an R-12 to R-134? If so....

In my experience the Schrader valves are generic to all R-12 systems in all cars, and 134 systems are generic in all cars in their respective systems, but not interchangeable between R-12 and R-134. You see this played out in the converter kits, when switching from R-12 to R-134. One kit fits all in terms of modifying the ports to accept the larger R-134 hose connector.

Oh sorry I was mainly wanting to know about the valves, sizing those for standard EJ replacements. While I have my friends A/C apart I'd like to install new ones.

Be nice to know if they're standard, all legacy/impreza the same, or something like that?

Oh sorry I was mainly wanting to know about the valves, sizing those for standard EJ replacements. While I have my friends A/C apart I'd like to install new ones.

Be nice to know if they're standard, all legacy/impreza the same, or something like that?

Pretty sure they are all the same amongst Leggies/Impreza. Update.........read on another thread on this forum that there are a variety of sizes. See very recent thread re: 97 OBW A/C issues. Then again, maybe you wrote the original thread.

Edited by Rooster2
update...with more info