Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Forester is based off Impreza platform I believe Scott. I would think your kits are almost ready made for the forester.

You say up to 1999 - not sure what changes in 2000 but maybe the Forester is more like the later stuff than earlier since it got the Phase II engines/trans, etc. I might look there for differences in the forester.

Curious - do you know what differences there are in 2000+ from the 90's?

Not sure if this will help you out Scott, but here is a 01 Forester with 2" strut spacers...

225/70 15's on my 01 Forester.

l5.jpg

l6.jpg

This is with 2" strut blocks but had these tires on before the lift and they worked fine.

Slight rub at full lock.

Kevin on SF.org made these blocks to straighten out the trailing arm geometry.

block1.jpg

fab.jpg

block2.jpg

I'm gonna do this as well because the rear suspension has some bind with the strut blocks on it.

Hope this helps.

Forester is based off Impreza platform I believe Scott. I would think your kits are almost ready made for the forester.

You say up to 1999 - not sure what changes in 2000 but maybe the Forester is more like the later stuff than earlier since it got the Phase II engines/trans, etc. I might look there for differences in the forester.

Curious - do you know what differences there are in 2000+ from the 90's?

rear suspension has a different arm setup at least on the legacy anyway , front seems to be the same

some one posted a link recently for a 1" lift kit for a legacy. it was designed for the top of the strut and since the outback struts can be used on legacys and imprezas i searched and found the they did indeed list the same lift kit for those other cars.

i wish i had bookmarked the site.

so i think the answer is yes. but when swapping outback struts in to an impreza, you have to turn? rotate the top hats, i think. that might complicate things but i doubt it.