Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a steady CEL on my 1998 Legacy OB wagon. I have checked the code and it is a PO325. I would like to check my sensor connections but don't really know where to look. Could someone tell or show in a photo where this plugs in? On another post someone said that knock sensor plugs in at the firewall? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

It is not clear to me - what is the mounting angle for a normally-aspirated H4? 45 degrees, or 60 degrees?

I replaced mine a couple of years back. The knock sensor bolt threads straight into the block, however, there are engine parts in the way that block a direct straight shot using a driver and extension. You will need to use a wobbler attachment to your driver, and work at an angle to be able to get your socket on top of the nut. The working angle is more like 60 to 80 degrees, when turning the driver handle. It is a little awkward when first threading in the bolt. This is best done by hand turning the drive extension and wobbler, to thread in the bolt a few threads, before attaching the ratchet drive to complete the tightening of the bolt.

i think he meant the finished angle of the knock sensor connector in relation to the block. it is supposed to be mounted at a specific angle to function properly.

i would match the existing angle unless you have reason to believe it is wrong, but hopefully someone will chime in with the correct info.